We receive a lot of calls about “something” that has died in an office or restaurant. If you have used poison to control your rat problem, that “something” is likely a dead rat. The odor can be nauseating. Some offices literally must close until the dead animal is removed. And if your business is a restaurant, you won’t have many customers with this kind of an odor! If the rat is not removed and the location deodorized, it can take months for the smell to go away on its own. That’s a lot of money to lose over a dead rodent.
When rats die inside an office or a restaurant, they can fall down into the wall void. The rat’s final resting place is usually at the bottom of the inside of a wall between the studs. It is much more difficult to find a dead rat than a live one! Live rats make noise, but dead ones… well, they just smell!
Many pest control companies use poison for trapping when it comes to rat control. In severe rat infestation situations, poison will certainly provide a faster result than trapping. However, rodents can also die inside your office or restaurant, often in inaccessible areas such as behind large equipment such as stoves or in a wall void.
At Apex Wildlife Control, our technicians use lethal snap traps. The rats are killed instantly and easy to find still in the trap. Our technicians will remove and dispose of the trap and the rat together, ensuring that no dead animals remain behind to stink up your business.
When dealing with a dead rat in a wall, the boroscope is our technician’s preferred item of choice. Armed with a flexible lens and LED lights, this handy tool can peek into the darkest recesses to look for the deceased rodent. A boroscope is basically a camera on a thin, flexible rod. The technician will bore a small hole at the base of the wall and thread the boroscope through the opening to look for the rodent.
Once the dead rodent is located, the technician will cut a small hole near the baseboard adjacent to the rodent. The technician will remove the dead animal and deodorize the area with an industrial disinfectant. Goodbye, terrible odor. And goodbye, Mr. Stinky Rat!
The foul odor of a dead rat signals a silent danger – bacteria. As the rat decomposes, harmful bacteria will multiply, contaminating the air and nearby surfaces. Breathing in these airborne particles can lead to serious respiratory issues.
Bacteria can spread through contact, posing health risks to humans. Proper handling and disposal of dead rats are crucial to prevent infection. Regularly disinfecting the area and surrounding surfaces is essential to getting rid of lingering bacteria.
At Apex Wildlife Control, our technicians are diligent in disinfecting and deodorizing the dead rat’s final resting place. So if you have a dead rat somewhere in your office, give us a call today. We are here to help!
Click On Your Rat Problem Below
We also perform wildlife trapping in Germantown TN for squirrels, raccoons, moles,
skunks, opossums, voles, armadillos and much more.
So if you have some little visitors you need evicted from your home or property,
give Apex Wildlife Control a call today.
We are here to help!