We receive many calls about “something” that died in the wall. If you have used poison to control your rat problem, then that something is probably a dead rat. The smell can be nauseating. Some folks literally have to leave their home until the dead rat is removed. If the rat is not removed and the location deodorized, it can take months for the odor to go away on its own. Nobody wants to live with that in their home!
When rats die inside your home, they can easily fall down into the wall void. The rat’s final resting place is usually at the bottom of the inside of a wall between the studs. It is much more difficult to locate a dead rat than a live one! Live rats make noise, but dead ones… well, they just stink!
Many pest control companies prefer poison to trapping when it comes to rat control. In severe rat infestation situations, poison will certainly have a faster result than trapping. However, poisoned rats do not always die outside. Rodents can die inside your home, often in inaccessible areas such as behind large appliances or in the walls. Also keep in mind that domestic pets and other animals can accidentally ingest the poison — or even eat a poisoned rodent. This could have tragic consequences for your beloved pet.
Apex Wildlife Control uses lethal snap traps. The rats are killed instantly and easy to find still in the trap. Our technicians will remove the trap and rat together, and dispose of both the rat and the trap. We never reuse traps!
When dealing with a dead rat in the wall, the boroscope is our technician’s preferred item of choice. Armed with a flexible lens and LED lights, this useful tool can peek into the darkest recesses to look for the deceased rodent. A boroscope is basically a camera on a thin, flexible rod. The technician bores a small hole at the base of your wall, and threads the boroscope through the opening to look for the rodent.
Once the dead rodent is located, the technician will cut a small hole in the wall near your baseboard next to the rodent. He will remove the dead animal and deodorize the area with an industrial disinfectant. Goodbye, terrible odor. And goodbye, Mr. Stinky Rat!
Beyond the foul odor, the aftermath of a dead rat brings forth a silent danger – bacteria. As the rat decomposes, harmful bacteria multiplies, contaminating the air and nearby surfaces. Breathing in these airborne particles can lead to serious respiratory issues.
Bacteria can spread through contact, posing health risks to humans and pets. Proper handling and disposal are crucial to prevent infection. Regularly disinfecting the area and surrounding surfaces is essential to getting rid of lingering bacteria. At Apex Wildlife Control, our technicians are diligent in disinfecting and deodorizing the dead rat’s final resting place. So if you have a dead rat somewhere in your home, give us a call today at 901-598-8555. We are here to help!
Click On Your Rat Problem Below
We also perform wildlife trapping in Germantown TN for squirrels, raccoons, moles,
skunks, opossums, voles, armadillos and much more.
So if you have some little visitors you need evicted from your home or property,
give Apex Wildlife Control a call today.
We are here to help!